Learning & Skills
Community Learning - Introduction to First Aid - Worksop Library
We're always looking to improve your experience. Please send us your feedback.
Apprenticeship reforms have created new professional qualifications for existing and new employees with funding available. Inspire offers a range of Apprenticeships for all ages across Nottinghamshire.
We have a track record of delivering quality apprenticeship programmes. We can advise and guide your organisation through the process, including access to funding and recruiting an apprentice.Contact our experienced advisors today - see form below.
An Apprenticeship is a great way to earn while you learn, develop practical skills and progress in your chosen career without the need for extended study leave or a career break.
For employers an Apprenticeship is a more convenient way to develop and train staff as the majority of time is spent in the workplace.
As your training provider, we will design the Apprenticeship to meet the needs of you and your organisation by tailoring the content around job descriptions and skill shortages in the workplace. This approach allows organisations to improve staff retention and develop a workforce that is valued, motivated and productive.
Our dedicated team of professional tutors currently offer the following Apprenticeships:
The government has made changes to the structure and standards for Apprenticeships. Firstly, Apprenticeships are not just for young people, they are now a vehicle for vocational/on the job training for all ages, to enable employers to upskill new and existing staff. Only high-quality, trusted providers can now offer Apprenticeships, meaning that organisations can feel confident with the quality of teaching. Finally, funding is available for most organisations and our team can help you through this process.
Every organisation with a pay bill of more than £3m will be required to put 0.5% of it aside to pay into an Apprenticeships fund, less a £15,000 allowance. This will be paid monthly through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) to HMRC. Firms will then receive a levy allowance of £15,000 per year, from the Government, to offset against this payment.
Employers must use their levy funds to pay for apprenticeship training or the government will take it back after 2 years.
To calculate your organisation levy fund, please follow this link.
Levy-paying organisations will use the funds available in their account to pay for Apprenticeships through a training provider.
Find out how to register for your new digital Apprenticeship account (DAS) by following this link.
For organisations that are not paying the levy they will contribute 10% of the cost of training an Apprentice, and the government will ‘co-invest’ by paying the remaining 90%.
Additional funding of £1,500 is available for any employers who take an Apprentice between the ages of 16-24 and this can be claimed for up to 5 Apprentices. Please contact us - see form below - for more information.
Inspire, as the training provider will match each apprentice with a Tutor who will be dedicated to developing their skills and supporting them throughout the period. Training delivery is tailored to the needs of the individual and will be agreed with the apprentice and their employer at the outset.
The employer will support the Apprentice in a mentoring capacity. Where there is a ‘specialist skill’ the employer may also provide some of the training to support the Apprenticeship.
For the employee, an Apprenticeship is a great way to earn while they learn, develop practical skills and progress in their chosen career without the need for extended study leave or a career break. It’s also an option with no cost to the employee, other than the commitment needed to complete their assessments.
At the end of the Apprenticeship period (either one or two years) an assessor will verify that the Apprentice has met the learning outcomes agreed at the outset, which will include an end point assessment.
The course really offers me the chance to
explore and develop my skills within the work place and the support received
and feedback helps us to have a clear and outlined plan of action for our
We offer a free apprentice recruitment service and can help you recruit an apprentice, writing job descriptions and matching applicants to your organisational needs.
We will do all the work, freeing you up to concentrate on your business and provide you with a shortlist of suitable applicants.
Additional funding of £1500 is also available for employers who appoint an Apprentice between the ages of 16 and 24.
If you are a local business, employed professional, or unemployed person interested in exploring an apprenticeship, please contact our team of experienced advisors - see form below.
Tel: 01623 476830
We’d love you to join us! By becoming a member of Inspire you will be able to have your say on how the society works and develops.
Not a member yet? Sign up