An Introduction to English for Ukrainians - Sutton in Ashfield Library -Community Learning
We're always looking to improve your experience. Please Email us your feedback.
|Sessions||Tuesdays: 10am - 12pm|
|Venue||Mansfield Central Library, Mansfield|
|Group size||5 - 12|
This 4-week course is aimed at computer beginners to enable them to develop the key digital skills they need to access the online world.
1. Do you need support to use a computer?
2. Have you just purchased a new laptop and want to get online safely?
3. Struggling to read and use the tiny icons on a computer screen and want to know how to enlarge them?
….then this course is for you.
• Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
• Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer)
• Making use of accessibility tools to make computers easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
• Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
• Opening and accessing webpages on a computer
• Setting up an email account (sending, receiving, and adding attachments)
• Learning top e-safety tips (such as what is a secure website and how to buy goods safely)
The above ‘digital foundation skills’ are key to accessing the online world whether you would like to connect friends via email, complete an online form or buy goods via the internet.
Once you have mastered the basics you could further extend your skills by enrolling on the Essential Digital Skills course and gain an accredited qualification.
Laptops will be available if you don’t have you own.
If you are in receipt of certain benefits you will be offered the course for free, however if you have a financial barrier which may prevent you from enrolling on the course please visit our webpage for further information https://www.inspireculture.org.uk/skills-learning/funding-your-courses/
To secure your place on the course BOTH the following must be done:
You should be redirected to the Inspire Online Enrolment Form after completing the Eventbrite booking. If you are not redirected, please use the link supplied in the Eventbrite booking confirmation email.
To book and enrol on one of our courses, you must have been living in England and have been resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
Some exceptions may apply if you are living in England with evidence of the right to remain and are from an EEU/EEAU country (completion of a questionnaire will be required).
As we no longer receive funding for our ESFA-funded courses for learners living in the devolved areas listed below, full cost fees would apply to these courses if you live in these areas:
Check the FAQs page, or get in touch:
By becoming a library member you will be able to borrow books and items for FREE in libraries across the county, including mobiles. You can also access eResources, Ancestry and more!
Not a member yet? Sign up for our membership