|Venue||Education Library Service - Inspire HQ|
Celebrate International School Library Month with Inspire Education Library Service!
Join us this half-term at our Autumn Showcase event for teachers.
Whether you want to drop-in for one or two sessions or stay all day, we look forward to you joining us as we celebrate the importance of school libraries and everything great about them!
11am - 12pm | Author and
Come along and meet the following authors/illustrators and find out how they can help promote reading for pleasure in your school:
Picture Book Authors:
Lower Primary Fiction
Upper Primary Fiction:
There will also be an opportunity to buy books and get them signed by the authors.
1pm - 2pm | Primary book talks from the ELS team, including:
- The latest Primary fiction to promote Reading for Pleasure
in your classroom
- Discover our NEW Top 100 Fiction book list
- How the ELS can support Reading Groups in school and hear
successful case studies
- Find out about the Teachers Reading Groups in
Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
- An introduction to out NEW online catalogue
Our librarians will be available after the session for any individual queries or recommendations.
2pm - 3pm | Cross-curricular workshop taster session:
Get a live demonstration of one of our cross-curricular workshops and see how music and literacy can help to springboard topics to your class.
School mobile library
Come and take a look around the school mobile library and book a free taster visit to your school!
Browse the ELS Showroom
Come and browse the ELS showroom at your leisure or get a tour from one of our librarians.
Primary Advisory sessions
- Book a school library health check
- Find out how the ELS can help your school and promote reading for pleasure
And that’s not all...
- Enter our raffle for a chance to win FREE books!
- Meet staff from Inspire Music and Inspire Learning and find out about their
work with schools
- Arts activities to take away and use in your classroom
- Free refreshments
- No need to worry about childcare - bring your children along! We'll have activities (and lots of books!) to keep them entertained.
Please note that there is limited parking at the ELS base but there is plenty of on-street parking nearby.