Copies of many archive documents can be made.
Services and Prices
We produce digital photographs or scans of most documents. Our charges are based on staff time and include the time to photograph the document(s) and any image manipulation required to provide copies. Additional staff time will also be charged for any research necessary to provide your images, for example, to locate specific data within a document.
Please request a quotation prior to placing your order. Guidance on our charges, can be found here Reprographics Charges Guidance pdf]
For details of the different services available and prices see our full Fees and Charges list.
- We can provide copies taken from microfiche of parish registers
- Copies of original documents can be provided as email attachments, via online download, on CD or as paper prints
- Certified copies (required for legal purposes) are only available as paper prints as they are signed as a true copy of the original document
How to Order
Please request a quotation from Nottinghamshire Archives before placing an order. This will allow us to confirm we hold the material you are interested in and that it can be copied.
- You will need the document reference number(s). The catalogues for many documents are available online on The National Archives’ Discovery website and Nottinghamshire Archives’ own online catalogue
- For copies of original archival documents, prints taken from microfiche or certified copies (signed copy of a document required for legal purposes), please complete the relevant order form:
- Reprographics Order Form – Non-Commercial
- Reprographics Order Form – Commercial
- Complete the form, indicating the format you would like your copies in: email attachment, on CD, paper prints (A4 or A3). Under Copyright law, we can only supply one copy in one format.
- Sign the copyright declaration and cite the document reference number(s). Scanned or photographed forms with a hand-written signature or electronic signature are accepted.
- Post or email the form to Nottinghamshire Archives with your payment
- It is easy to pay by credit or debit card. Please call 0115 9581634 to pay. We also accept cheques (in Sterling) made payable to INSPIRE.