Membership is free to everyone. Sign up below!
Whilst our Inspire Libraries are starting to reopen, we ask if you can join online before you visit us if possible.
How to join us
- fill in the application form online where you will be able to set your PIN. Make a note of your PIN
- once you have completed the form the next screen will give you your temporary membership number. If your library has reopened, please take your temporary number along with proof of ID (something which includes your name and address - driving licence, bill or rental agreement) on your next visit and you will be able to collect your new card.
- Please check opening times before you visit as we are operating reduced hours which are subject to change.
If your library has not reopened, or you cannot visit us
If your library has not reopened, or you cannot visit us for health reasons or due to shielding, and you would like to access eResources, then please follow these steps;
- Membership is free to everyone.
- Children and young people under 15 can join but will need to have parental consent.
- People who live in Nottinghamshire and the surrounding authorities including Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire are all able to become members.
- If you’re a member of Nottinghamshire Libraries, you are able to use any library in Nottinghamshire or Nottingham City.
- People visiting Nottinghamshire can also join in person, with a temporary membership.
Find a library
Using our libraries
Overdue fees are currently suspended. No need to renew until 17 August 2020. Reservations and inter-library loans are currently not available.
- You can have up to 24 items on loan at any one time.
- Most items can be kept for up to three weeks.
- All DVDs are one week loan only.
- Reservations will be available again from 17 August
From 17 August 2020, items borrowed from the library will no longer automatically renew, and overdue charges will come back in to effect. All items borrowed on or before 27 July 2020 will be due back on 17 August 2020. All items borrowed from 28 July onwards will be due back 3 weeks from the date you borrowed the item. To renew, call Ask Inspire on 01623 677 200 or click here. (Excludes Retford Library).
If you need to keep an item a little longer, it’s usually possible to renew it. You can renew items up to four times.
To renew items, log in to your online account with your card number and PIN.
If you need any help with renewal, contact Ask Inspire - 01623 677 200 - or your local library.
If an item isn't in your local library you can ask to place a hold by completing a card in the library or place a hold for an item online. A charge will be made for this service.
If items are unavailable within the county we can often get them from elsewhere in the UK. Please ask at your local library.
Most of our services are free of charge. However, there are small charges and fees for some of our services.
Nottinghamshire libraries have been assessed for disabled access. Everyone can use the libraries at ground level, however some libraries are awaiting ramps or other modifications to reach the upper floors. Please ask a member of staff for help if you have difficulty accessing any of the services because of the library layout.
Information on the accessibility of specific libraries can be found in the list of libraries.
Your Home Library
If you are unable to
visit your local library we can arrange for books to be brought to you. A
friendly RVS volunteer can bring a selection of books and talking books to you,
in your own home.
For your peace of mind, all of our volunteers have been checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information on this service:
- Telephone: 01623 677 200
- Website: royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk