Reading & Libraries
Inspire loves Bookstart! Bookstart is a national programme that encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as early an age as possible.
Bookstart aims to give free packs of books to every baby in the UK, to inspire and create a love of reading that will give children a flying start in life. And most of all show that books are fun!
In Nottinghamshire, Inspire works together with health professionals and early years settings such as nurseries, pre-schools and children’s centres to make sure every child receives their book packs.
All children are eligible to receive the following two free book packs:
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 situation Bookstart deliveries to partners in health and education had been paused - these will resume again in September. If you are unsure whether you should have recieved a pack yet please contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any queries.
Bookstart Baby Pack
- Local Health Centres
- Our libraries
- Two board books − perfect to enjoy with your baby (titles vary).
- Babies Love Books − a guide to sharing books, top tips and recommendations for more books to share.
- Bookstart rhyme poster − great to put up on your wall or fridge to enjoy rhymes together at home every day.
- Purple bag with a short handle and zip − practical and stylish for mums, dads and carers.
Bookstart Treasure Gift
The Bookstart Treasure Gift is for children aged 3 years is distributed through:
- Early years settings such as nurseries, pre-schools and playgroups
- Our libraries.
The Gift contains:
- A picture book - wonderful to share with your pre-schooler (titles vary).
- Share the Fun - full of top tips and guidance about sharing books and having fun together.
- A special gift envelope that your three to four year old will love opening!
- Booktouch packs are for children between the ages of 0 to 5 years who are blind or partially sighted.
- Bookshine packs are available for children between the ages of 0 – 5 years who are deaf or hearing impaired.
- Bookstart Star pack is aimed at children aged three to five who have a condition or disability that impacts on or delays the development of their fine motor skills and includes books and resources to help families enjoy reading together every day.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0115 804 4431