Work For Us
Nottinghamshire Music Hub is committed to making improvements relating to Equity, Diversity and Inclusions (EDI) with our partners of Music Education Hubs East Midlands (MEHEM). Music Education Hubs East Midlands (MEHEM) is developing a region-wide EDI collaborative strategy to take immediate action to improve EDI outcomes for all young people across the region.
Our 5 principles
Our 5 principles to guide the work ahead, we will:
- Commit to creating a diverse and representative creative output and stakeholder body at all levels, which is celebratory and reflective of our nation.
- Commit to using robust and creative methods to establish and maintain an inclusive working atmosphere for all where everyone feels valued and heard.
- Commit to providing all of our staff and workforce with training which reflects our values and commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Communicate with all of our stakeholders and general public with regard to our EDI journey.
- Implement a robust monitoring, evaluation and review process which supports us to deliver on our EDI commitments.
Our priority areas
Our principles will be used to help us set aspirational targets for improvements in five priority areas. These will, in turn, help us to evaluate our progress.
Communication and Community
We commit to using robust and creative methods to establish and maintain an inclusive working atmosphere for all where everyone feels valued and heard.
Evaluation and Review
We commit to monitoring, reviewing and evaluating our EDI strategy to ensure we deliver on our EDI priorities.
Recruitment and retention
We commit to creating an inclusive organisation representative of our region and the wider world.
We commit to making our creative opportunities and output representative of our region and the wider world.
We commit to investing in our people to ensure they have the developmental opportunities so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
MEHEM are proud to be working with Music Mark and this work is proudly funded by Music Mark Partnership Innovation Fund Projects.