Arts & Culture
Adventures in Music - Spring 2024
A FREE 10 week magical musical adventure for you and your little one. Suitable for children aged 2…
We're always looking to improve your experience. Please Email us your feedback.
In 2023 - Inspire, the Miner2Major Landscape Partnership Scheme, Nottinghamshire Police, Newark and Sherwood District Council and Creative Lives supported Nottinghamshire crafters to make Brave Bears for charities working with children in times of need.
Textile designer Megan Crook designed Brave Bear knitting and crochet patterns, decorated with a special Sherwood Forest acorn motif.
Patterns for a knitted bear and a crochet bear
- Brave Bears must be handmade and meet the Brave Bears pattern specifications
- Brave Bears must be made from Stylecraft Special Chunky yarn and only stuffed with EN71-3 fire retardant toy filling
- Brave Bears must not include buttons, beads or zip attachments, which could be accidentally or forcibly removed or chewed
- Seams must be securely fastened. Should access be gained to any fibrous filling material within the teddy through a seam, this may present a choking risk if swallowed
- Seams should be tension tested to ensure they are as secure as possible. All yarn ends must be woven in to finish securely
Join in with us. Why not click here to find a regular craft group near you, then drop in to say hello - and get knitting!
Find a Stylecraft Special Chunky yarn stockist near you by clicking on this link: Find a Stockist | Stylecraft Yarns (stylecraft-yarns.co.uk)
There's a range of Online Leisure and Culture Courses from Learning and Skills to suit new and more experienced knitters and crocheters. Click here for a variety of creative courses.
Find crochet courses here: Courses | Inspire - Culture, Learning, Libraries (inspireculture.org.uk)
Brave Bears: The Teddy Bears Picnic Exhibition was at Mansfield Central Library Gallery from 15 August to 27 September 2023. All the donated bears were there!
Thank you for visiting the exhibition - and celebrating knitting, crochet and the amazing generosity of Nottinghamshire crafters with us.
See the exhibition highlights by clicking here: Brave Bears: Exhibition Highlights
By becoming a library member you will be able to borrow books and items for FREE in libraries across the county, including mobiles. You can also access eResources, Ancestry and more!
Not a member yet? Join us - become a library member